Newport RFC will create history on Saturday when we make the short journey over the border to play Dings Crusaders for the first time. It is good for everyone at the club to travel to new places, play against different players and meet other rugby people. Whatever the result we will learn from the experience and the coaches will be able to try different moves and combinations without the pressure of a league game.
Our last game at Cinderford was certainly a ‘game of two halves’ with the Black & Ambers playing some sublime rugby and cruising into a 38-0 lead but getting a battering in the second half and holding on for a 38-38 draw.
Newport: Lewis Smout, Evan Whitson, Louis Jones, Joe Bartlett, Andrew Mann, Garin Price. Kyle Tayler, Reuben Tucker, Geraint Watkin, Haydn Simons, Harri Lang, Adam Jones, Harri Griffiths, Ryan Gardner, Dai Richards.
Forwards Replacements: Jamie Jeune, Henry Palmer, Tom Piper, Garin Harris, Connor Shefford, Rhodri Morgan, Rhys Jenkins, Josh Skinner, Morgan Burgess.
Backs Replacements: Luke Crane, Matt O’Brien, Tom Pascoe, Jon Morris, Josh Guy, Adam Sabri.
Kick-off: 3 PM
Directions to the ground:
- Leave the M4 at Junction 19 and keep in the left-hand lane on to the M32.
- The left-hand lane will take you off the M32 at Junction 1.
- At the bottom of the slip road get into the middle lane and go left.
- Move into the right-hand lane and take the filter lane before the traffic lights.
6 Turn right on to Bristol Road.
- Continue on until you get to the tall brick tower on the left. Dings ground is opposite the tower on the right.